At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is hiring a Senior Financial Analyst for its Financial Planning and Analysis Team. This is a unique opportunity to play a crucial role in building a strong financial foundation for one of the fastest growing pre-IPO companies. The candidate in this position will be a finance leader that will partner across multiple teams to effectively manage and guide financial spending and strategy for projected expenses and growth.
To be successful, the role requires a mix of a strong analytical mindset, business process excellence and reporting skills, with the goal of providing appropriate business insight and financial execution. In addition, this candidate will have the ability and confidence to work cross functionally, understand and communicate complex concepts, bring business insights, drive change, and produce tangible results. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about their work, a fast learner, hard working, organized, detailed, and ready to make a big impact.
- Perform all financial duties relating to budget, forecast, and close
- Build comprehensive and dynamic models to drive insightful analytics and provide recommendations and key findings to leadership teams
- Create, distribute, and summarize clear, concise reporting of KPIs for weekly reviews
- Analyze, identify, and prioritize key areas of risk and opportunity
- Instill financial responsibility through education and partnership with cross functional teams and department heads
- Spearhead and manage process optimization across functional departments to scale with company growth
- Partner with various Tech orgs to deliver great P&L results
Experience & Skills:
- BA/BS with 5+ years of experience in financial planning or analytics in a rigorous environment (high growth company, consulting)
- Demonstrated experience in developing complex financial models; excellent quantitative analysis and forecasting skills (excellent Excel skills required, Database/SQL skills preferred)
- Strong communication and presentation skills, can easily present complex financial issues to non-finance executives (solid PowerPoint skills preferred)
- Knowledge of financial systems (Financial Planning: Adaptive, ERP: Netsuite or similar)
- Exceptional interpersonal and cross-functional collaboration skills, ability to drive operational excellence within a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, advanced degree/certification such as MBA/CPA a strong plus
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.