At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a bright, energetic, and self-motivated attorney with at least 8 years of securities litigation and regulatory enforcement experience to join the Legal Team. In this role, you’ll partner with and provide legal guidance to departments such as Finance, Corporate Development, Communications, and Policy to help craft solutions to the novel legal challenges Lyft faces every day. The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial and resourceful, skilled at building strong relationships, and comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Our legal work is cutting edge and always evolving, so it will be up to you to continuously assess and advise on legal issues using a creative and pragmatic approach.
- J.D. from a top-tier law school and member of the California bar in good standing
- 8+ years practicing law at a leading law firm or in-house at a public company
- Specialization in securities litigation -- including class action defense and shareholder derivative suits -- and regulatory enforcement
- Experience working with the SEC, DOJ, FTC, FINRA, and/or similar state regulatory agencies is preferred
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving workplace
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, convey grace under pressure, and simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands and shifting priorities
- Embody Lyft’s culture, and operate with high standards and ethics
- An understanding of the transportation and ridesharing industries, multimodal transportation networks, and the sharing economy in general
Experience & Skills:
- Primary responsibility for a variety of litigation and regulatory matters
- Proactively manage all aspects of litigation, including discovery, motion practice, witness preparation, trial and appellate strategies
- Work closely with internal business partners to provide strategic and proactive legal advice on litigation and regulatory issues, including but not limited to understanding, interpreting, and applying current laws and regulations to Lyft’s existing and prospective products and services
- Provide counseling to relevant stakeholders regarding securities laws, as well as disclosure and reporting obligations
- Manage outside counsel in your areas of coverage
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.