At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger and the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets… how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives and with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development and operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality.
As an intern on the Level 5 team, you will have the opportunity to develop and deploy tomorrow’s hardware & software solutions and thereby revolutionize transportation. We are currently looking for interns on our various autonomous teams in Munich: SLAM and Stapling
Experience & Skills:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals
- Programming experience in C++ and Python (Rust experience a plus)
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for community, sustainability, and/or transportation
Nice to Have:
- Experience working on multiple aspects of machine learning and computer vision technology such as perception, objection recognition, localization, and deep learning
- Some experience in robotics, real-time systems, embedded system, or self-driving technologies
- Some experience in modern hardware such as TPUs, automotive, or embedded hardware
- Some experience in computer imagery, graphics, data mining, and/or data processing
- Knowledge of Open Computer Vision (OpenCV) code, TensorFlow, Caffe, or related technologies